To create this video I filmed a fellow student being 'himself' in front of a blue screen and lighting.
I used a blue screen so that i can effectively remove the background and super impose a part of the video ontop of a background that wasn't there when i recorded the video. I used Adobe Premiere Pro for this as it is very effective for editing videos. To remove the blue background i used an effect built in on premiere pro called Chroma Key which can be found in 'Video effects' to use this effect i simply dragged the effect into the video layer. To edit the effect i simply went to 'effect controls' tab and eyedropped the colour i wanted to remove which is blue, I used a blue shade that was mid tonal so that it would pick higher and lower shades of that colour equally and not take colours from the videoed character. I also altered blur to try and keep edges on the characters body free from feathering.
Now the blue background has been removed a image or video can be imported onto a lower layer so where the blue screen is removed the foreground video appears to be on top of the video or image that wasn't there when i filmed the footage. I then rendered the video out in Windows Media Player format at 500kb to ensure a speedy upload that doesn't take up too much bandwith. I then uploaded the video to this blog. Ta da.
Analysis:
The student that i filmed was wearing innapropriate clothing for this shoot, because his clothes were a colour that is to close to blue and this made it hard for me to be able to remove the blue background without removing parts of the clothes. I couldn't remove alot of the blue on one shot because i would have removed the suspects clothing (not in a nudist way.... thankfully).
I chose these backgrounds as they match what the suspect is doing, he is special afterall.
In future i shall make sure whoever i am filming is wearing clothing is not close to the clour of the background (blue).

1 comment:
Jacob this is a well thought out write-up and you made a good observation about choice of clothing. Tomorrow you will get the chance to use this technique in some real application, then, quality really will count.
Post a Comment